Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fifth Scottish Folk Night, Tricesimo, October 1st, 2012

Some very nice and pleasant Scottish traditional music with two groups, a female duo by the name of Anna Massie & Mairearad Green and a five-man group, Daimh.  







I was actually hoping that the boys would also play, given the fact that they were also using bagpipes (one of my favorite instruments too), AC/DC’s “It’s A Long Way To The Top (If You Wanna Rock’n’Roll”!), which I think is probably THE very first song in the history of rock’n’roll to actually have bagpipes, but no such luck!  I think that old Scotsman Angus Young (and poor Bon Scott too) would have indeed been most proud!









I guess this means that I’ll have to go back one day to Edinburgh’s castle for their spectacular “Military Tattoo” where hordes of bagpipe players converge on the town’s famous castle!



















No comments:

Blog Archive

Personal information

Some of the rather interesting churches in Italy and around the world.